Yes, this looks familiar. But now the tree hotel is available to take home as a flat pack and put up in your closest enormous tree (good luck with council!). And contrary to my suspicions re: birds, the cube is covered in an infrared film that deters birds from flying into it.
– The structure is made of light-weight aluminum and hangs around a tree trunk
– A mirror clad box that measures 4m × 4m x 4m (13.12 ft)
– The exterior reflects the surroundings and the sky, creating a camouflaged refuge
– The interior is all made of plywood and the windows give a 360 degree view
– The mirrorcube accommodates two people and includes: a large bed, a small kitchenette and bath, a living room and roof terrace
– Access to the cabin is by rope ladder or rope bridge
– To prevent birds colliding with the Treehotel, an infrared film, visible only to birds is laminated into the glass panes